As an active and vocal candidate for Orange County Supervisor, 2nd District, I have been called many things, both in a positive and a negative way. One of the most common things I’ve heard is that I am “just another politician”. That couldn’t be further from the truth! Because of this, I decided to explain how I am different and why you should vote for me.
- I want to effect positive change that helps the entire County of Orange. A politician is more interested in changing their bank balance.
- I want to solve the homeless problem in Orange County. A politician tells you they want to fix the problem and then do nothing more than talk about it.
- I have a plan for everything I suggest doing. A politician puts things into motion that have not been properly planned out because they know their constituents want action.
- I will work hard and get my hands dirty while making Orange County stronger. A politician avoids the hard work, preferring to delegate the responsibility for action to others, thereby gaining plausible deniability on everything.
- I am transparent. A politician is guarded.
- I believe in open access to our elected officials. A politician believes in as little access to our elected officials as possible.
- I will restore the speaking time at Board of Supervisor meetings. A politician would avoid changing that time back because it appears to admit a mistake.
- I am not looking to make a career out of political office. A politician is always striving for the next higher position.
I am a concerned citizen who has been active in his community for many years. I have volunteered countless hours to youth, the homeless, political causes and religious organizations. I have an open mind and can be persuaded with the right approach. I am open to new ideas and always encourage innovation. I don’t believe in shutting down a dialogue. I believe in listening to all sides before making a decision.
So how am I am I going to take my differences and make a difference for Orange County?
- I will have a monthly Open Door Meet and Greet at my office. Anyone who wants to speak to me about their ideas, concerns or just wants to make suggestions is welcome to come in and spend time with me face to face. The meetings will be limited to 10 minutes each person and there will be an overall time limit, but it is a way to get in front of your county representatives.
- I will work directly with the organizations contracted by the county to work on the homeless problem and to implement my plan to end homelessness. I will not simply abdicate my authority to someone else and expect them to handle the job. I will get involved in ways that make sense. I will be intimately familiar with all aspects of the solution.
- I will make decisions that are in the best interests of my constituents. I will not allow special interests to walk all over the county residents.
- I will not sell out to The Toll Roads. I will fight any expansion of the toll road system in Orange County as it has been an immense failure thus far.
- I will lobby Sacramento to change the laws (Prop 47, Prop 57 and AB109) that have caused an increase in property crimes throughout the county. I will not relax until our county is a safer place to live than it was when I began.
- I will continue to support the Orange County Board of Education as it continues to make Orange County one of the best places to attend school.
When you elect me your next Orange County Supervisor, you are electing someone who will work for you every single day. I am not about the photo ops or ribbon cutting ceremonies, I am all about getting the job done. I want to change how the supervisors work and interact with the community. Please consider voting for me on June 5, 2018. If you can, we could use your financial support. Please donate here.